PhD Student Vacancies - Molecular Physiology and Nutrition
The Molecular Physiology Unit, Division of Nutrition, St John’s Research Institute, (www.sjri.res.in/nuintro) invites applications for PhD program in Molecular Biology under the University of Mysore. The PhD program will be supervised by Dr Arpita Mukhopadhyay (Molecular Physiology) and Professor Anura Kurpad (Physiology).
The research project(s) will focus on:
- Epigenetic regulation in the human placenta in adverse birth outcomes such as foetal growth restriction in the context of maternal malnutrition
- Early mechanisms and metabolomics markers for type 2 diabetes
Further details can be found at: http://www.sjri.res.in/nukeyperson/1290
Qualifications, Experience and Aptitude:
- Qualified in CSIR/UGC NET or equivalent fellowship examination
- An interest in quantitative biology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software
- Experience of research in an academic environment
- Experience with writing and getting original articles/reviews published in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Basic data analysis/statistical skills
How to Apply: Applications should be sent to: Dr Arpita Mukhopadhyay (email@example.com). Please include a contact telephone number and an email address where you can be easily reached. Academic references will be taken up for all short-listed candidates.