Postdoctoral Vacancies - Molecular Physiology and Nutrition
The Molecular Physiology Unit, Division of Nutrition, St John’s Research Institute, (www.sjri.res.in/nuintro) invites applications for the postdoctoral research program. The research projects will be supervised by Dr Arpita Mukhopadhyay (Molecular Physiology and Nutrition) and Professor Anura Kurpad (Physiology and Nutrition).
The research project(s) will focus on:
- Early mechanisms and metabolomics markers for type 2 diabetes
- Interactions of diet and other lifestyle factors with the genome in the context of type 2 diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease
- Epigenetic regulation in the human placenta in adverse birth outcomes such as fetal growth restriction in the context of maternal malnutrition
Further details can be found at: http://www.sjri.res.in/nukeyperson/1290
Qualifications, Experience and Aptitude:
- Fellowship support for postdoctoral research (including but not limited to Dr. DS Kothari postdoctoral fellowship, DBT-postdoctoral fellowship, UGC postdoctoral fellowship for women)
- At least one peer-reviewed publication from Ph.D. thesis work as first/second author in an indexed journal
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic data analysis / statistical skills
How to Apply: Applications should be sent to: Dr Arpita Mukhopadhyay (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include a contact telephone number and an email address where you can be easily reached. Academic references will be taken up for all short-listed candidates.