Applications are invited for admission to PhD program in Molecular Physiology and Nutrition.
The research project(s) will focus on:
- Epigenetic regulation of molecular pathways in the human placenta mediating effect of maternal malnutrition on fetoplacental growth
- Molecular mechanisms and metabolomic profiles of metabolic disorders such as type 2 diabetes in South Asian Indians
Further details can be found at: http://sjri.res.in/nutrition/keypersonnel/Dr. Arpita Mukhopadhyay and http://sjri.res.in/nutrition/introduction
Qualifications, Experience and Aptitude:
- Valid research fellowship offer from UGC / CSIR/ DBT/ ICMR in Life Sciences / Biotechnology
- An interest in quantitative biology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of research in an academic environment
- Experience with writing and getting original articles / reviews published in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Basic data analysis/ statistical skills
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent to: Dr Arpita Mukhopadhyay (email@example.com). Please include a contact telephone number and an email address where you can be easily reached. Academic references will be taken up for all short-listed candidates.