Post: Research Associate
BDS or MBBS or BSc Nursing with experience in Health Informatics OR
Master's in Medical / Health Informatics (preferred) OR
BDS or MBBS or BSc Nursing with a Master's in Health Administration / Public Health
No. of Vacancies: Two
Languages: English and Kannada
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Experience: Minimum one year of experience working in Health Informatics or similar experience. Experienced Professionals who have the skillsets outlined below can also apply. Freshers may be considered if candidate can demonstrate the required aptitude and skill requirements are met.
Application Due Date: 19th January, 2019
Salary: Negotiable based on skills & experience
Brief Description about the Project:
SJRI is working on an innovative project around optimising the implementation and use of electronic health records for healthcare in India.
This project, like others undertaken at the Division of Medical Informatics, makes use of the existing tools of Informatics to drive health systems research and healthcare innovation for improving healthcare outcomes with meaningful use of data.
The candidate should work in the domain of Health Informatics and Medical Research.
- Research - To be involved in literature searches for evidence based content / information and participate in ongoing training and research projects
- Co-ordinate with the project staff in data collection, data entry and data management. Ensure adherence to protocol, quality control and project timelines. Ensure confidentiality of the proprietary information shared
- Ensure documentation of project-related work processes, training material, assigned activities and project completion status
- Maintain flexible work schedule (overtime) to complete project delivery
- Resolve any work-related issues in coordination with the respective experts
- Travel to the remote project implementation site(s) within Karnataka to ensure smooth conduct of the project
The ideal candidate would possess the following skillset to enable effective execution of the core responsibility which would be the design, implementation and evaluation of software solutions in complex healthcare systems. Prior work experience in the use of technology, in configuration, testing, implementation or training for a medical research / healthcare IT project would be preferred.
- Performing user needs assessments using systematic methods like interviews, surveys etc.
- To conduct scientific literature review to synthesise existing evidence-based knowledge and contribute to scientific writing
- To contribute to analysis of collected data (quantitative and qualitative data analysis)
- Good oral and written communication skills and comprehensive knowledge of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of a few programming languages would be ideal: Python, JSON, HTML, API, XML, SQL
- Working knowledge of medical coding standards (SNOMED-CT, ICD-10, LOINC, RxNORM) and Interoperability Standards (HL7, FHIR)
- Knowledge of version control tools (Github, Flyway etc.) and data management best practices
- Publishing and maintaining blog and social media management
- Project management and coordination based on effective project management methodologies
- Knowledge of data archetypes and models used in electronic health record systems, MDDS and other locally used data standards is desirable
- Knowledge of system integration – Data mapping and integration of multiple software systems in healthcare is desirable
The ideal candidate/s would use their skills to perform the following activities:
- To coordinate the implementation of electronic health record and other software and hardware systems in healthcare settings
- To undertake user interviews, observations, evaluations, user feedback and training
- To ideate, map and design relevant training materials, IEC, promotional material
- To map workflow and information flow diagrams; and create functional design documents (user and software requirements documents)
- To contribute towards academic writing, with the aim of producing reviews of literature, research articles, policy documents, implementation toolkits (templates, user manuals, technical specification documents, process flows, forms, order sets, data masters, readiness and process checklists, usability assessment checklists etc.) among others
- To analyse data collected as part of the project activities using quantitative and qualitative methods as appropriate
- To conduct trainings, workshops; supervision and evaluation of delegated staff/trainees
- To work collaboratively with various national & international teams to achieve the project goals
- To maintain documentation related to day-to-day activities, assignments, work report on a daily basis
- Travel to the remote project implementation site(s) within Karnataka
- May be called upon to assume responsibilities and undertake specific activities not stated above, but within the mandate of this job, based on greater clarity of the requirement that emerges with time and associated with any revision of the Institute/Project’s procedures
To Apply: E-mail cover letter, CV and the names & contact details of referees to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com
For more information, please visit our website www.sjri.res.in