Post: Senior Research Fellow
Qualification: M.Sc. / equivalent degree in Life Sciences possessing at least two years research experience in Molecular Biology and Cell Biology experiments. Knowledge of Genetic Testing Methods will be preferred. CSIR/UGC-SRF or ICMR-SRF/NET or GATE qualified will be preferred. Candidates may be admitted for PhD upon fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
No. of Vacancies: One
Languages: English, Kannada and Hindi
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Experience: Minimum 2 years
Application Due Date: 25th May, 2019
Salary: Rs. 28,000 + HRA per month
Brief Description about the Project:
- The project is to understand the prevalence of monogenic causes of renal tubular disorders in Indian population. This involves screening of renal tubulopathy patients for various known gene mutations and functional validation of the identified mutations. This study would include patient screening and sample processing, various molecular and cellular techniques (PCR, sequencing, NGS, qPCR, cell culture, etc.) as well as bioinformatics analysis of the molecular data. Such study will allow us to understand the role of genetic mutations in renal tubulopathy development.
- Research experience in NGS and bioinformatics analysis as well as cell biology techniques
- Independently perform and plan research experiments
- Developing pipelines for various NGS applications or cell biology experiments.
- Performing NGS-based experiments and its bioinformatics analysis
- Active involvement in the ongoing project work
- Handling tissue culture related projects
To Apply: E-mail cover letter, CV and the names & contact details of referees to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website www.sjri.res.in