Maternal Health Young Professionals (MHYP) India - Mentoring Program
The MHYP is a professional development program that selects mentors and trains young health professionals working to improve maternal health outcomes in India. The overall goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge, skills, and capabilities of young professionals, and to build their capacity to improve maternal health in India.
- Health professionals (doctors, nurses, health managers, health administrators, health economists, etc.) who are working in hospitals or maternal health programs
- Candidates working with governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), or intergovernmental organizations in India are all eligible;
- Candidates must design and implement a project aimed at improving the quality (technical or interpersonal) of maternal health care
- Age less than 40 years (with a relaxation of up to 5 years for women and disadvantaged persons)
- Employed for at least one year in their current institution.
Funding (up to Rs 3 lakhs) for a 6 -9 month implementation/research project on improving quality of Maternal Health to be conducted by the candidate.
Last date for receipt of application with Project Proposal: 15th November 2013