Post: Lab Assistant
Qualification: HSLC or any Graduate with an ability to use MS Office, specifically use of Excel spreadsheets. Experience in working in clinical data entry and maintenance is essential.
No. of Vacancies: One
Language: English, Kannada and Hindi
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Experience: Minimum one year of experience
Application Due Date: 27th April, 2019
Salary: Rs. 14,433/-pm (all inclusive)
Brief Description about the Project:
- The project is to understand the prevalence of monogenic causes of nephrotic syndrome in Indian population. This involves screening of nephrotic patients for various known gene mutations and functional validation of the identified mutations. This study would include patient screening and sample processing, various molecular and cellular techniques (PCR, sequencing, NGS, qPCR, cell culture, FACT, etc.) as well as bioinformatics analysis of the molecular data. Such study will allow us to understand the role of genetic mutations in nephrotic syndrome development.
- Assist PhD students in setting up new experiments / assays and carrying out ongoing protocols
- Maintaining ledger and stock replenishments for the laboratory projects
- Tracking patients or study participants and maintaining data.
- Ordering various reagents, equipment, etc.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology is desirable
- Experience in tracking patients or study participants
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to produce work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Coordinate operational activities in a research laboratory, provide support services to researchers, faculty, students and technicians
- Sample collection, data compilation, data analysis
- Active involvement in the ongoing project work
- Coordinate the ordering, inventory, storage and maintenance of supplies, lab ware and instruments essential to the operation of the lab
- Assists research staff with sample collection and experiments
To Apply: E-mail cover letter, CV and the names & contact details of referees to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website www.sjri.res.in