Brief Description about the Project
Five year research project on extending an intervention into a scalable model delivered by primary care nurses, by integrating the BCT skills training with a motivational interviewing (MI) component for AUD to reduce IPV and alcohol use among couples in South India.
Position Starting: 15th April, 2023
No. of Vacancy: Four
Duration: Oct 1, 2022, 5 year project
Employment status: Contract
Salary: As per qualifications and experience
Preferred Qualifications: Post-graduate in Psychology / or Psychiatric Social Work
Language: English, Kannada.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience of working in a health care setting.
Last Day for Receiving Application: 25th March, 2023
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To administer tablet-based questionnaires to study participants in Primary Health Centres (PHC) in Bangalore.
- To track, make follow up calls & schedule participants.
- To maintain study logs.
- Specific tasks assigned based on skills & project needs
- Experience in data collection (experience with tablet-based data collection good, but not necessary, as we will provide training)
- Experience in conducting quantitative research interviews, preferably in a health care setting.
- Experience in talking with clients or research participants about sensitive topics.
- Experience working in a research project is an advantage.
- Training in human subject protection
- Excellent verbal and written communication in Kannada and Basic English skills.
- Experience working with domestic violence victims is a plus.
- Solid time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a team player
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to establish rapport and work effectively with individuals of different ethnicities, socio-economic status, caste, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Willingness to travel to Primary Health Centres within Bangalore.
Interested candidates may send their Resume to:
The Principal Investigator
Harmony Grant Project
To Apply: E-mail cover letter and curriculum vitae with 3 references (names and email addresses / phone numbers) by on or before 25th March, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org & cc to email@example.com
For more information, please visit our website www.sjri.res.in
Can Contact us on the following Numbers 080-49467010/49467011/49467021