Post : Special Educator
Qualification : B.Ed (Autism Spectrum Disorder) or B.Ed (Mental Retardation) or PG Diploma (Early Intervention) M.Ed (ASD) / M.Ed (MR) can also apply.
No. of Vacancy : One
Language : English and Kannada (To read and write), Good Knowledge of at least one more Indian language is bonus
Location : Bangalore, Karnataka
Experience : Two Year
Application due date : 27th January, 2021
Salary : Rs. 30,000/- plus 10% HRA( negotiable)
Brief Description about the Project:
- Developing clinical care model for early intervention in Autism.
- Upscale interventions into public health locales
- Understanding biological basis of autism
- Explore specific medical interventions
- Knowledge of typical developmental trajectory.
- Early identification of developmental delay.
- Use of standardized developmental assessment tools.
- Counselling skills and good interpersonal interaction skills.
- Early intervention goal setting & techniques e.g. Structuring/ Floor method, PECS etc.
- Behavioural management skills.
- Skills in ADL (Activities of Daily Living) training.
- Team interaction, collaboration, co-ordination skills.
- Developmental / Behavioral Screening and related Assessments.
- IFSP/ IEP preparation / Early intervention sessions.
- Documentation of data.
- Family Counseling.
- Co-coordinating team meetings/ case conferences.
- Structured proforma and assessments to be documented and filed.
- Additional Unit of Hope responsibilities (where permissible by Project Head) : Unit of Hope team clinic for consultation and participation in training activities, including preparation of teaching/learning materials.
- Participation in Public Education and Parent Support meetings.
- Data Entry pertaining to Unit of Hope to develop morbidity based statistics.
The chosen candidate will undergo additional structured EI training for a year. They are encouraged to stay on as the project extends its functioning, to avail of ongoing training opportunities, including Advanced training workshops, subject to ongoing appraisals.
- Identification of developmental delay/ deviance by history and clinical assessment.
- Assessment of development, cognition and behaviour using standardized assessment tools.
- Counselling families regarding the developmental concerns, current developmental status and need & rationale for early intervention
- Preparation of an IFSP (Individualised Family Service Plan) or IEP (Individualised Education Plan) (for older children) with setting of short term and long term goals.
- Early intervention- The educator should be proficient in choosing appropriate materials/ methods for specific goals.
Inclusion of play skills, social skills and behavioural skills within the cognitive stimulation session.
Integration of physical, cognitive and language goals into common activities in collaboration with other therapists.
- Criterion based assessments may be done at intervals to record progress and annual evaluation.
- Documentation of the child’s history, assessment details, Early Intervention programme, goals, child’s progress and long term comprehensive plan in collaboration with other therapy team members.
- Periodic case conferences within the therapy team to discuss evaluation findings and to plan further care. Communication of the summary of the case conference to the family (trans-disciplinary approach).
- Behavioural management counselling and training.
- Training in self care activities (home based/ centre based depending on resources available) at appropriate ages.
To Apply : E-mail cover letter, CV, the names & contact details of Referees To firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com
For more information please visit our website www.sjri.res.in
Can Contact us on the following Numbers 080-49467010/49467011/49467021