Hands-on workshop on Data collection and Data entry using Smartphone
We are living in the information age, where our entire life is going digital. The limitless potential of information technology has found news way in data analysis and data capture. In 21st century it is no longer a viable option to collect data using paper and the research community is quickly adopting the digital way.
This Hands-on workshop will train the participants to use a cool digital tool which can be used for both data collection and data entry, using a smartphone application called Epicollect5.
- Convenient and User friendly
- Uses Smartphones with wide range of data input options
- Does not require internet connection during data collection
- Ensures clean data
- Open Source (free) and secure
At the end of the Workshop the participants will be able to do the following:
- Design a data collection form in Epicollect5
- Load the form in Smartphone and collect the data digitally (without internet!)
- Assign different roles to users (Creator, Manager, Curator, Collector)
- Export the data for analysis
- Use advanced features like Data Mapping and creation of Child forms
Who should attend?
Faculty, Residents, Students, Researchers, Data entry operators or anyone dealing with data collection and data entry.
Organization and delivery
- The Hands-on workshop will be conducted offline.
- Venue: Admin Block Ground floor, St. John’s Research Institute
- Date: 07 April 2022
- Time: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Participants must bring a laptop with internet connection.
- Participants must bring a smartphone. (Android 4.4+ or iOS 8+)
- A Gmail address. (Please create if you don’t have one)
- Number of participants: 20 only (First come, first serve basis)
- Registration fees: Rs.150/- (One hundred and fifty only)
- Login to Google form with Gmail ID. (Link below)
- Please check for seat availability before initiating payment.
- If the form shows that seats are available, complete the payment.
- Fill and submit the Google form.
Last date for registration: 04 April 2022 (Please note that the form maybe closed after enrolling 20 participants with confirmed payment. You can send email for further enquiry.)
Account Details for payment:
- Beneficiary name: St. John’s Research Institute
- Bank name: Bank of Baroda Branch: John Nagar
- A/c no: 05210100024920
- IFSC code: BARB0STJOHN (5th digit Zero)
For further enquiry, Contact:
- Office: 080-4946-7036/6123
- Mobile: +91 9538147676
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.stjohns.in / www.sjri.res.in
Dr. Tinku Thomas (HOD & Professor) Dept of Biostatistics St John’s Medical College, Bangalore
Dr. Arjun M. C. MD Community Medicine (AIIMS, New Delhi) CRTP Fellow Dept. of Biostatistics St John’s Medical College, Bangalore