Post: Project Assistant
Qualification: MSc / equivalent degree in Life Sciences possessing research experience in molecular biology and cell biology experiments. Knowledge of immunology will be preferred.
No. of Vacancies: One
Languages: English, Kannada and Hindi
Application Due Date: 30th October, 2018
Salary: Rs. 10,000/- pm
Brief Description about the Project:
- The project is to understand the inflammatory role of monocytes in chronic kidney diseases (CKD). This involves phenotyping and characterizing monocyte subsets and circulating inflammatory factor in clinical samples derived from the CKD patients. This longitudinal study would include various molecular and cellular techniques (FACS, ELISA, qPCR, Cell culture, NGS, etc.) that will allow us to understand the role of monocytes and other inflammatory factors involved in progression of kidney disease in children.
- Independently perform and plan research experiments
- Maintaining ledger and stock replenishment for the specific project
- Research experience in basic cell biology and molecular biology techniques such as PCR/real time-PCR, ELISA, western blot, etc. is essential. Flow cytometer and NGS knowledge is desirable.
- Collection and processing of clinical and biological sample for Flow Cytometry, Real-Time PCR, MagPix and ELISA analyses
- Handling the above instruments to obtain relevant data
- Performing NGS-related experiments
- Data compilation, interpretation and analysis
- PowerPoint presentation and manuscript preparation
- Active involvement in the ongoing project work
To Apply: E-mail cover letter, CV and the names & contact details of referees to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com
For more information, please visit our website www.sjri.res.in